I’ve used Vundle for years to manage my Vim plugins, but I saw vim-plug referenced in a plugin’s documentation, and thought it was worth a try. I don’t use many plugins, so the idea of a “minimalist” tool was appealing.
I added the following to my ~/.vimrc, with a larger and smaller plugin to test:
call plug#begin() Plug 'sirver/UltiSnips' Plug 'jsit/toast.vim' call plug#end()
Then downloaded vim-plug into the ~/.vim/autoload/ folder:
$ mkdir ~/.vim/autoload $ cd ~/.vim/autoload $ curl -OL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/junegunn/vim-plug/master/plug.vim
Now I can run :PlugInstall! to get them installed, surprising though it may seem.
Updated. Elapsed time: 14.727488 sec. [==] - Finishing ... Done! - UltiSnips: Resolving deltas: 100% (527/527), done. - toast.vim: Receiving objects: 100% (5/5), 4.94 KiB | 4.94 MiB/s, done.
That was it! Nice.