Rubenerd Forum Finally Fixed!
Brace yourselves! It was… a
<div> tag that wasn't closed! That's it! I reinstalled the database, I uploaded all the server files twice, I rewrote all the CSS, and it was because I forgot to close a
<div> tag. AAARGH! Firefox must have been more forgiving when it encountered my crappy code extensions; in any event for once it wasn't Internet Explorer's fault, it was entirely my own!
Tinkering around though with this Vanilla Forum software though I learned a lot, so it wasn't a complete waste. I figured out how to use the language customisation features, so now we can all bask in the glory that is Aussie/British spelling! I'm so old fashioned :wink:.
I also changed the theme to one that takes up much less screen space.
Let me all know what you think and if you have any further problems. It was exhausting, but in a way I'm glad it happened, I've learned so much about Internet Explorer CSS hacks, and how to customise Vanilla Forum software.