It seems I'm never quite satisfied with the configuration of my Armada M300 subnotebook which despite it's age works as a fantastic netbook with a brighter screen and nicer keyboard than any of "them"!
My current software configuration having played around with Arch Linux and Debian at various times is now back to FreeBSD with 7.2-RELEASE i386 with the GEOM Gjournal system enabled on
/usr and compiled-in kernel support for Vesa shells, all of which I'll be talking about here at some point.
And because I have new love for link clouds, here's my currently (and ever changing) list of software installed on it from the ports collection, some of which you can see in the screenshots.
- with Mach64 video drivers
- very lightweight window manager
- lightweight panel with transparency
- lighter xterm replacement with unicode
- display backgrounds with nice selection window
- Midnight Commander
- fast orthodox shell file manager
- text editor
- Tasty Vim extension
- Firefox 3
- grilled cheese sandwich iron
- shell web browser
- shell email client
- newsgroup reader