Links shared from del.icio.us today:
- Forrst is a community for developers and designers – Forrst
- Seems like a good idea, even if the site design is another cliche bubblegum web 2.0 thing.
- (categories: design code programming web)
- Amazon.com: The Lies of Sarah Palin: The Untold Story Behind Her Relentless Quest for Power (9780312601867): Geoffrey Dunn: Books
- "The Lies of Sarah Palin is a journalistic tour de force that vividly reveals the Queen of the Tea Party movement as a vengeful and manipulative empress without clothes. This is the definitive book on Sarah Palin."
- (categories: politics books unitedstates)
- Lobotomo Software: MoofMenu
- "Fan Control adjusts the minimum fan speed depending on the current CPU temperature. For safety, it leaves the original automatic fan speed control intact."
- (categories: mac osx software macbook apple)
- Safebooru – Anime picture search engine! – kitsu chiri
- Epic art, go the colour! :D
- (categories: sayonara-zetsubou-sensei anime art)
- How to differentiate your Asian languages. on Twitpic
- Cute, though knew it already ;)
- (categories: language twitter)
- Express buses: Is there a "Megabus effect?" | The Economist
- "The problem, as Businessweek's Ben Austen decribes it, is that express buses have so changed "the way Americans—especially the young—travel" that "they may help kill plans for new railroads."
- (categories: news travel railfan railways hsr)
- Intel shows off more of its MeeGo Tablet UI, still needs lots of work — Engadget
- Hope this goes somewhere, interface looks gorgeous and QML would be too much fun.
- (categories: news tablets intel meego qml qt)
- Haley Barbour doesn't care about born children – War Room – Salon.com
- "Mississippi leads the nation in almost everything that a state doesn't want to lead the nation in. Mississippi is the poorest state in the union, with the highest poverty rate and the lowest quality of life. And the state government is ineffective and oblivious when it isn't just plain corrupt."
- (categories: news unitedstates politics)
- Greens fear return to temporary visas – ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
- "Asylum seekers who commit criminal offences in detention are likely to be denied permanent visas in a move opponents say is a return to the temporary protection visas of the Howard government."
- (categories: news australia humanrights johnhoward)
Author bio and support
Ruben Schade is a technical writer and IaaS engineer in Sydney, Australia who refers to himself in the third person in bios. Wait, not BIOS… my brain should be EFI by now.
The site is powered by Hugo, FreeBSD, and OpenZFS on OrionVM, everyone’s favourite cloud infrastructure provider.
If you found this post helpful or entertaining, you can shout me a coffee or buy some silly merch. Thanks!