Happy September everyone. For those of you in the Sothern Hemisphere, happy first day of Spring, and for those in the North, happy first day of Autumn.
Some fun September facts from Wikipedia that even I didn't know… and I know everything (haha):
- September begins on the same day of the week as December every year.
- September’s flower is the aster or morning glory.
- September’s birthstone is the sapphire.
- In the year 1752, in the British Empire, the Gregorian calendar was adopted and as a result September did not have days numbered 3–13.
- On Usenet, it is said that September 1993 never ended.
- On June 6th, 1995 John Baur and Mark Summers declared September 19th International Talk Like a Pirate Day.
- September in the Northern Hemisphere is the seasonal equivalent to March in the Southern Hemisphere and vice versa.
- World War II began on September 1, 1939 following Hitler’s invasion of Poland and ended on the same month, September 2, 1945 with the Japanese surrender.
- Caligula (Roman Emperor 37-41 AD) attempted to rename September “Germanicus” after his father.
- Wake Me Up When September Ends is a song by Green Day. The lead vocalist, Billie Joe Armstrong wrote this song because his father died in September when Billie Joe was 10.
- September is also the name of a female Swedish singer, author of the dance hit song “Satellites”.
- American rock legend Bruce Springsteen was born on September 23, 1949, in Freehold, New Jersey.