I’ve noticed a reoccurring theme of posts on the J-Walk Blog wherein either John Walkenbach (or another person from J-Walk and Associates…) searches his music library for song titles based on the presence of a particular word. The last time I did this was on my birthday earlier this year, so I figure now is as good a time as any to do some more.
Here is a list of songs from my music library on my MacBook Pro that contain the following whole words. Granted I only have a few gigs of music on here compared to my desktop back home, but it'll suffice.
- Barefoot on the Beach — Michael Franks
- Bet I’ll Never Have a Whole Wheat Radio Artist Page — Ruben Schade
- I’m On A Boat!!! — The Lonely Island
- Six Months in a Leaky Boat — Split Enz
- Volga Boatmen — The Glenn Miller Orchestra
- Volga Boatmen — Leningrad Cowboys
- Being Boring — Pet Shop Boys
- Brazil — Pink Martini
- Down In Brazil — Michael Franks
- Non-Stop To Brazil — 小野リサ (Lisa Ono)
- Burchfield Nines — Michael Franks
With all this talk about words in songs beginning with B though, we must not forget that The Bird is the Word. The bird bird bird. The bird is the word. Papa-oom-mow-mow-mow. Papa-oom-mow-mow-mow. Don't you know about the bird? Everybody knows that the bird is the word!