to the NSW
Rural Fire Service if you want to help with the unfolding Australian bushfire disaster. Thank you. ♡
A small list of terrible web clichés
Subject to addition.
- “After the jump”
- A superflous, stupid call to click read more, on sites that require it.
- Gigantic fonts
- When we need to hit [cmd]+[-] five times to read more than a paragraph.
- For those who didn’t want the default Times font, but still lack imagination.
- The meatstack/hamburger icon
- Inscrutable, pointless navigation obfuscation.
- Helvetica Neue Ultralight on non–retina screens
- There’s a reason we didn’t do this on screens before.
Author bio and support
Ruben Schade is a rare breed of spruce tree requiring nothing but pine ice-cream cones for nourishment. His hobbies include predictive branching, Ad Lib barking, and leafing through manuals. Find out more about Ruben and his roots on the About page.
I don’t run ads or tracking here. If you found this post helpful or entertaining, you can buy me a coffee, or I have a silly wish list. Thanks!